My review of this palette is the post before this one, if you’re interested. To sum it up, I really like it but I don’t think that most people want to drop $130 on an eyeshadow palette. I did my best to find some reasonably priced alternatives for you guys.
And labeled swatches!
- per se vs Makeup Geek vintage ($6)- if you look at the pans, Per Se looks much lighter but on the skin it’s actually darker than it appears. Vintage is a shade a two darker and more plum
- Viola vs Strobe Cosmetics Urban Princess ($6.50, -20% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Viola has stronger red undertones and Urban Princess leans more purple. A closer dupe would be Jilted from the UD electric palette but I don’t like using dupes that aren’t sold individually
- Amara vs Makeup Geek bitten ($6)- Amara might be a little bit darker but otherwise they’re very similar
- Cyclone vs Beauty Escape Cosmetics Phoenix ($6.50, -15% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Phoenix is slightly lighter and more orange
- Nude Vino vs Makeup Geek Wild West ($6)- both are mid-toned browns with mauve undertones. Wild West is slightly darker
- Layla vs Devinah Cosmetics Royal ($5, -20% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Royal is more purple
- Amethyst vs Strobe Cosmetics Her Majesty ($6.50, -20% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Amethyst is slightly more cool toned
- Magnetic vs Coastal Scents Wine Berry ($1.95)- Wine Berry is brighter
- Magnolia vs Beauty Escape Cosmetics Sun Witch ($6.50, -15% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Sun Witch is slightly more orange
- Nude Mauve vs Colourpop Chic Happens ($5)- Nude Mauve has stronger taupe undertones
- Juneau vs Beauty Escape Cosmetics Sagittarius ($6.50, -15% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Sagittarius is a tiny bit more pink
- Livid vs Strobe Cosmetics Prophecy ($6.50, -20% with code BEAUTYCULT)- they both have similar plum base colors but Livid has a bluish lilac shift
- Purpure vs Devinah Cosmetics Malibu ($5, -20% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Purpure is maybe a half a shade darker
- Dragon Bite vs Nabla Cosmetics Absinthe (€6.50, approx $7.75 USD)- this is the only one that I really wasn’t happy with. From a straight on angle they look alike but from other angles, you see the pink, purple and green that are stronger in Dragon Bite
- Helio vs Strobe Cosmetics Strongman ($6.50, -20% with code BEAUTYCULT)- Strongman is a bit more pink
There were a few that aren’t quite color enough to be considered dupes (Dragon Bite, Viola, Livid) but I did the best that I could. Hopefully this helps you to decide whether or not to splurge on the Lila Palette!